Create the Perfect Party Patio With the Right Outdoor Furniture
Summer is right around the corner, and if you’re like our team at The Great Backyard Place, you’re ready to party! Get your patio ready with the right outdoor furniture.
With each day that passes by, we’re getting a little bit closer to a post-pandemic life. We can see lots of gatherings with family and friends on the horizon.
But if there’s one thing we learned during 2020 and early 2021, it’s that the outdoors is where it’s at! Not only does heading outdoors give us the chance to enjoy the beauty that our area has to offer and get a little vitamin D exposure, but it offers a safer experience filled with fresh air and lots of ventilation.
If you’re already planning ahead for some summer gatherings, you’ll want to add “fix up the outdoor space” to your to-do list. Is your patio set up for parties?
If that seems like a really imposing to-do, take a deep breath! Setting up the perfect patio party doesn’t have to be complicated. It starts with your outdoor furniture.
Choosing Party-Ready Outdoor Furniture
If you’ve ever planned a party of any kind, such as a dinner party or even a bridal shower, you know that having enough space is important. That’s still true even when you move the party outside!
Your first consideration when planning a party should be the space your patio offers. Do you have enough space for your guests to comfortably hang out?
If the patio isn’t a huge space, you may need to extend your party setup out into the backyard. Once you’ve landed on how much space you’ll need, now it’s time to determine what outdoor furniture you need to fill in the space.
That decision depends on the type of party you’re having.
Having a pool party to celebrate the end of the school year? A set of Adirondack chairs placed strategically around the deck might be your best bet. Guests can perch on the chairs in between dips in the pool or hot tub, and easily chat with others in comfort.
Enjoying an outdoor dinner party with family and friends? You may want to consider purchasing a dining set specifically designed for your patio or outdoor space. This can definitely come in handy if you frequently entertain! There are a number of options for dining sets, ranging from deluxe and quite fancy to simple and efficient.
Planning a gathering to enjoy time outdoors and each other? Set yourself up with a sofa or deep seating set for your patio. These sets are designed for outdoor use, but offer the same cozy comfort your well-worn couch in your living room does! Guests can plant themselves on a sofa for a good chat and some good guacamole.
Other Ways to Set Up Your Patio Party for Success
Beyond having the right outdoor furniture in place, you’ll want to take other steps to set your outdoor party up for success! Rule No. 1: Make it as easy as possible on yourself.
- Choose disposable plates and utensils. This might seem like a no-brainer, but if you’re having a dinner party, you might think “real” plates are better. Don’t overcomplicate things! When you’re eating outdoors, pick up a set of paper plates with a cute (but sturdy) design. You can use your own utensils, or you can choose a disposable but environmentally friendly option with a recyclable set of forks, spoons, and knives.
- Set up a “party” station. Using baskets and maybe a cart, put all the items your guests might need in a place where they’re easy to grab! This can include everything from a bottle of sunscreen to party foods to towels to the adult beverages of your choice.
- Group seats together. No matter what type of outdoor furniture you’ve selected, you can make the situation more comfortable for your guests. After all, nobody wants to be the guest who’s left out of the conversation! Cluster together seats to allow for easy chatting and access to others. (Of course, if you have comfy sofas on your patio, this is already done for you!)
- Keep mosquitoes at bay. When you’re enjoying time together, nobody has time for mosquito bites. To start with, clear out any standing water in your outdoor space. If you have time before your party, you might consider scheduling a mosquito treatment as a more permanent solution to these pests. If not, though, strategically placed citronella candles can make a world of difference.
- Think outside the furniture box. Are there other add-ons for your outdoor space or patio that would enhance your party experience? On some early summer nights, something like a fire pit may come in handy! Gathering around the “fireplace” can be the perfect party activity.
Ready to party this summer? Set yourself up with the perfect patio. Check out what’s new in our outdoor furniture selection, then stop by to make your choice!